Whether you come to us by chance or by desire to learn more about Deming, the first question that may come to your mind is: "Who are these people? "
I would first like to tell you who we are not :
• we are not consultants seeking clients ;
• we are not fanatics of quality ;
• we are not sellers of advices;
• we are not sellers of a ready-to-use toolkit ;
• We are not sellers of a quick fix for your problems.
But on the other hand :
• we are professionals in various professions;
• We are apprentices who want to apply the principles outlined by Deming ;
• we are Frenchmen who want to help their country become better ;
• we are adept at cooperation, unlike competition against all others;
• we are sure that running an organisation (a company, a school, etc.) must be learned ;
• we are volunteers, our pleasure is to know that we are useful to you.
On your side, you must accept :
• that your will follow a long way and that you must persevere ;
• that the Deming's principles are not "common sense" but a well-established theory ;
• that making efforts is up to you, that you cannot escape by rewarding someone else ;
• that if you do not run properly the system you have in charge, you will only find frustrations.
I have met Jean-Marie Gogue for more than 25 years, and he has opened my eyes to the principles of Deming. I had to wait to be professionally in a position to apply the certainties that I have got. However, despite my goodwill, each day brings questions and questions.
But every day also strengthens my conviction that I have chosen the right path.
Long term commitment to new learning and new philosophy is required of any management that seeks transformation.
W. EDWARDS DEMING, Out of the Crisis